Sunday, March 20, 2005

Diary of Robert E. Peary, North Pole Explorer (February - April 1909)

Sir Isaac Newton once said: "I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me.".

It is that same spirit that hundreds of years before and after moved the great discoverers, explorers and inventors alike, to seek for better, newer grounds of achievement for mankind.

Our choice for today is the Diary of Robert E. Peary, North Pole Explorer, February - April 1909. Peary lead the first successful expedition to the North Pole that same year, and you can read all about it in this great link put together by matthewhenson.com.


SOURCE FOR THIS PICTURE:
Pearyhenson.org

No comments:

 
More blogs about Exploratoria.